Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Of course I created a Dolly Parton inspired card!


   

I had no idea how much I adored, respected, luuuved & was inspired by Dolly Parton!

I have taken a somewhat deep-dive into watching Dolly Parton videos and have come up with the term, Partonize!  It's a way to describe specialness in everything from one's appearance to acts of kindness.  (Here is a link to the card shown above.)

In watching what feels like a zillion videos, I'm in endless awe of how self assured Dolly Parton was from her youngest self & through to when se ascended at 80.  She had a through line of talent of course, but equally important ambition, self confidence and gratefulness.

For all the videos I've watched I didn't detect even one tiny misstep and that's from her earliest days and on and from questions that at times seemed patronizing or silly.  She handled every interviewer with respect and an innate humor.  What stood out was her always "giving back."  She had no doubt she would be a star and was clearly always grateful what sounded like God and/or her faith.

One of the things that was amazing was that for the thousands of interviews Dolly gave, she never mentioned her political persuasion.  It was her actions that spoke louder than words with how she supported communities that are often in the shadows of a current administration that spoke on her behalf.  And how can ya' not love someone who was devoted to getting books into the hands of young readers.  I often heard her saying in interviews this was somethings she was most proud of:  Dolly Parton's Imagination Library.

So from the hair to the smarts to the spangles to an unbridled confidence, I'm sure we had an Angel on Earth with Dolly Parton.  A way to celebrate her is to Partonize!  Go out as your most fabulous self even if it's only to the mailbox and show kindness in every interaction -

Love, Peace & Chicken Grease

Oh, and I would luuuuuuuuve it if you came on by and subscribed to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL... I'll be your best friennnnndddddd if you do!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to see your comment -