Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Some people need coffee, I need lipstick!

It's the switch that turns a face on!

It's color, not caffeine that I need!  Lipstick is not only the switch that turns my face on, it's the component that makes me, ME!  And when it comes to lipstick, in my lil' ol' opinion, red is the only color.  It truly gives me life!  I think red lipstick is to the face, what pearls are to a black dress; always classic and always works!

Since I overdraw my lip line, putting on lipstick is my first creative endeavor of the day and once it's on, the pop of color motivates me to move forward with a raised eyebrow and a smile to see what lies ahead.  I have found a way to keep my red on from first application in the early morning until the end of a long day, with only a slight topcoat touch up. 

I start with an outline with a red pencil, fill in with Maybelline ink in a shade of red of course and when that dries, I tap on a little of Maybelline Vinyl, which is also a long lasting stain -- that stays shiny for hours!  When I touch up, I usually tap on a little classic Revlon Love That Red. Oh, and I sometimes use the Love that Red as blush smudging a touch on to the cheeks.  What's not to love about a product that does so much for the outside and therefore the inside!

Over the years I've become known for my signature red lipstick and truly never so much as step outside the house without it on! I suppose I'm a red lipstick addict!  As a result, I often create Lipstick Life Lines," in my funny women greeting card humor!

It is my belief truly anyone can wear red as long as they "own" it and find the shade that suits them.  It's very empowering and completes any face transforming it with a puncuation of a timeless and classic style that truly works with any outfit!  

Think about it; who wouldn't look fab' with a face ensemble of red lipstick, sunglasses, and perhaps a bit of powder.  Oh and the lipstick can also be used as blush with a wee smudge on the cheeks.  

So while some people may need coffee to start their day for me it's red lipstick that gives me energy and a certain fabulous quotient!

On another note, if you'd like to see the lipstick shade I use check out my latest tiktok at @collenekennedyfab 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Never underestimate the power of a pink feather boa!