Friday, May 3, 2024

It is ridiculous how meticulous I am when it comes to accessorizing.

  

Hi, I'm Collene Kennedy, I write & illustrate women humor greeting cards and I am an accessory addict. I'm sure there's a 12 step program for people like me however, I would rather think how I would  accessorize a given outfit than pare-down my accessory collection and habit!  I consider accessories vitamins and essential for any ensemble, formal, fancy or casual. I personally, can’t imagine even so much as stepping out of the house to the mailbox without an accessory scheme or theme. 


In the photo of moi displayed here, my twin [vintage] circle pins (I have a millionty of them) are attached by a chunky silver chain worn on my [simple J.Crew] jacket lapels was inspired by something I saw in the legendary designer Elsa Schiaparelli boutique. When I visited the amazingly well edited collection in the retail candy-land of Bergdorf Goodman in New York recently, I was gob-smacked by the creativity infused to the design house by designer Daniel Rosberry, reflected in the clothes and for me, in particular the insanely creative accessories. 



I could go on endlessly about the accessories, but what stood out to me was what I remember as two brooches; an enamel eye and bean mouth attached by a chain and pinned on the shoulder of what I believe was a long ivory silk jacket.  The design is a blur in my mind but what remained crystal clear was the brooches connected by a single chain. I shared how much I loved the concept to the very knowledgeable and lovely Schiaparelli boutique hostess and how I thought I might interpret to which she said, “that would be very Schiaparelli!” The ultimate compliment! 


PS, the necklace in my photo is a white gold looking vine with crystal imbedded leaves - which I thrifted - if course!


Vanity lesson learned, it doesn’t cost a million to look like a million


For more Schiaparelli eye candy you must visit #Abyleigh's tiktok.

If you want to see my tiktok it's collenekennedyfab




No comments:

Post a Comment


Never underestimate the power of a pink feather boa!